The Beacon board is a 42x30mm with a dedicated STM32F4 microcontroller and the following features:
- CAN interface with communication over UAVCAN.
- CAN bootloader for easy firmware update over the bus.
- An Ultra-Wide Band (UWB) module from Decawave for communication and beacon to beacon distance measurement
- Molex Picoblade connection for wiring CAN in daisy chain.
- Micro USB connector for debugging and flashing via DFU.
- SWD connector for flashing and debugging, with UART exposed on the same connector.
- 4x M2 holes for mounting.
- Costs < 50 USD in components.
Still a work in progress. Currently basic communication is implemented and distance measurement at low update rate.