The Sensor board is a 23x17mm with a dedicated STM32F3 microcontroller and the following features:
- CAN interface over which sensor data are streamed over UAVCAN.
- CAN bootloader for easy firmware update over the bus.
- Distance time-of-flight sensor (VL6180X) can measure distances from 10mm to 100mm with 1mm resolution.
- RGB Color sensor (TCS34725) with external illumination using a white LED
- Molex Picoblade connection for wiring CAN in daisy chain.
- SWD connector for flashing and debugging, with UART exposed on the same connector.
- 2x M2 holes for mounting
- Costs < 25 USD in components.
Current application software only supports the distance sensor. Color sensor support is work in progress.